An inadequate fit will significantly reduce the protection provided by the RPE and may lead to serious immediate and long-term health problems.
Quantitative face fit testing can be carried out both at our head office in Fareham or on site.
Qualitative face fit testing can also be undertaken if required.
Types of tight fitting masks that can be tested:
• Half Face Ori-Nasal Respirators
• Full Face Respirators
• P3 Disposable Half Masks
If there are any other types of masks you would like tested and you are unsure
please don’t hesitate to ask.
Notes for candidates:
• All operatives must be clean shaven
• All operatives must refrain from eating or drinking for 1 hour before their test
• All operatives must refrain from smoking for an hour before their test
• Testing should be carried out every 1-2 years
• Re-tests should be undertaken if operatives face shape changes (i.e due to major
dental work/weight loss etc.)
Face fit testing procedure (according to HSE INDG479):
• Operatives will don their mask
• Operatives will then be required to undergo various exercises
• There are 7 exercises taking 80 seconds each.
• Operatives need to pass each exercise consecutively to gain a pass
Please call 01329 287 777 or complete the form below if you would like further information or a free quotation: